Z/IP gateways other than Raspberry + official USB stick

Hi,

Are there any Z/IP gateways known to work ok besides the Raspberry PI + official stick?

We would like to test with some other zip gateway, we tried one which does not seem to work (maybe a configuration issue): https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/en/sigma-designs-inc/ACC-ZIPR-CE-E/703-1083-ND/4135446?k=ACC-ZIPR&k=&pkeyword=ACC-ZIPR&pv139=358&mnonly=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25&cur=EUR&lang=en

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could point to some that work all right…

Thank you,
Adrian Roman

The ZIPR product you linked to is in fact an older zipgateway, but lacks a lot of functionality that has been added to zipgateway since it was released. I believe Sigma Designs consider it a legacy product (I’m not sure support is provided for it any more) and it hasn’t been updated in a few years. It’s not what you want to test a Z/IP Client against nowadays.

The ZIPR lacks support for DTLS, Mailbox, mDNS announcements, S2 Security, Z/IP Packet Header Extensions, and lots more - but Z/IP Packet v1 messages work against it just fine (as long as they’re not DTLS-encapsulated). Debugging a ZIPR is tough, since you don’t have access to logs and its internal state, but I would suggest starting off by making sure its not “locked” to a Portal and setting its configuration to something similar to your current zipgateway.cfg - use the Z/IP Gateway Command Class for this.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

We might not want to test against that device, especially because it does not support DTLS.

I guess I could change the client to avoid using mDNS (use the gateway address instead and so on), mailbox is not used and actually it’s disabled on the gateway at the client startup, but anyway, since it’s an old zipgateway there might be other issues which would surface… I’m not sure it’s worth the changes in the client.

Could you point to some zipgateways that are not ‘legacy’?

Thank you,
Adrian

Hi,

I would really appreciate if somebody could point out some commercial zip gateway we could test our code with.
It would be great if we could make certain it works with some other setup than Raspberry PI + official stick.

Thank you,
Adrian