Rules for Participation in the Z-Wave the public standard forum
The Z-Wave the public standard forum discussion groups are available to the public.
However, we ask all users to adhere to the following rules for the benefit of the community and to
protect the integrity of the ecosystem:
- ON-TOPIC POSTS. Please read each forum space description before posting to ensure you are posting on-topic and in the correct forum.
- NO ILLEGAL POSTS OR SUGGESTIONS. Respect the copyright of people, websites, software and printed media. Posts containing pointers or how-to’s advocating any form of illegal activity will be removed. All forum users are responsible for ensuring their posts do not violate (intentionally or unintentionally) any applicable local, state, national or international law, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law. User will indemnify and hold Sigma harmless in connection with any violation of this section by user.
- USE APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE. Please refrain from using any vulgar language that may offend other users. Posts that contain vulgar or offensive language, or harass, threaten, cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to a person or entity are strictly prohibited and will be immediately removed.
- NO SPAMMING OR OBSCENE MATERIAL. Please, no pornographic material or links to it. Any such posts will be immediately removed and the user account will be permanently deleted and banned.
- BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER USERS. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. You are free to disagree with other users, however if you resort to personal attacks or abuse your post(s) will be deleted. If you believe you have been insulted, please report the post but DO NOT retaliate. Posts that contain or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or hateful content or content which is racially or otherwise objectionable, or which infringes upon the rights of any third party are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- IMPERSONATION. Impersonating any person, such as an official moderator or communicating under a false name is strictly prohibited.
- NO TROLLING OR FLAME WARS. Trolling and/or attempting to bait others into a flame war will not be tolerated. Any posts we deem to do so will be deleted. Repeated violation will result in a permanent ban of the user.
- NO DUPLICATE OR REPEAT POSTS. If no one answers your question or responds to your post, please “bump” it rather than posting it again.
- USE APPROPRIATE TITLES. Please make an effort to provide short but descriptive summaries when submitting your post(s).
- NO ADVERTISING/SPAM or SOLICITATION. Do not use this site as a redirector or gateway to another site for the purpose of collecting click income or advertising. Although there are times when a link to another site is necessary for helping or answering a question, this site reserves the sole right to determine what is and is not appropriate. Any inappropriate material will be immediately deleted. Likewise, any posts containing advertisements will be removed. Repeated violations of this rule will result in the user account being deleted.
- This forum is here solely for the express purpose of supporting current and future members of the Z-Wave community. Posts advocating for or denigrating the use of a competitor’s product are deemed inappropriate and we reserve the right to delete such posts/threads at our sole discretion.