Reference Client not working

Hi,

I installed the zware raspberry pi image and managed to control some z-wave devices using the webinterface. Now I tried to control them via the reference client - adding and removing of devices works but I am not able to perform simple actions like turning a switch on/off. I used the commands that were mentioned here http://zwavepublic.com/developer

send “Switch Binary [efb1db2f0600]” COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY SWITCH_BINARY_SET 00

The log shows the following line

Unhandled command 0x25:0x01 from ::ffff:c0a8:a52

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Hi,

A few thing you may try, that will help to clarify the problem.:

• Can you control the switch using the web interface?
  • Can you get the IP of the switch and ping it?
  • What device are you using?

Can you explain in further detail what the problem seems to be? From what you mention, you’re able to control devices through the web interface just fine. What I can see from your description is that the command line application is working as well. In fact, the “Unhandled command” message is pointing out that the device you’re sending a message to is replying to you with a SWITCH_BINARY Command of its own.

Yes, I can control the switch using the web interface

The reference client is reporting all devices when performing “list” and I was able to ping the IP of the binary switch as well.

I’ve tested multiple binary switches - no success at all. Maybe there’s a problem with the reference client?

Maybe there’s a problem with the reference client?

Working for me.

pi@raspberrypi:~/libzwaveip $ ZIPGW_LAN_IPV6=$(cat /usr/local/etc/zipgateway.cfg | grep "^ZipLanIp6\s*=\s*" | awk -F'=' '{print $2}')
pi@raspberrypi:~/libzwaveip $ ZIPGW_PSK=$(cat /usr/local/etc/zipgateway.cfg | grep "^ZipPSK\s*=\s*" | awk -F'=' '{print $2}')
pi@raspberrypi:~/libzwaveip $ echo $ZIPGW_LAN_IPV6
fd00:a622:3f5d:4590::3
pi@raspberrypi:~/libzwaveip $ echo $ZIPGW_PSK
123456789012345678901234567890AA
pi@raspberrypi:~/libzwaveip $ ./reference_client -p "${ZIPGW_PSK}" -s "${ZIPGW_LAN_IPV6}"
(ZIP) list
List of discovered Z/IP services:
---   zwEADCCA4601.local: "Static Controller [eadcca460100]"
---   zwEADCCA4606.local: "Switch Binary [eadcca460600]"
(ZIP) send "Switch Binary [eadcca460600]" COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY SWITCH_BINARY_SET 00
(ZIP) send "Switch Binary [eadcca460600]" COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY SWITCH_BINARY_SET ff
(ZIP) send "Switch Binary [eadcca460600]" COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY SWITCH_BINARY_SET 00
(ZIP) send "Switch Binary [eadcca460600]" COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY SWITCH_BINARY_SET ff
(ZIP) quit
Terminated

– FT