Controlling a Keypad/Lock

Hey everyone,

I currently have a access control keypad that I have included onto my controller. It has a Generic Device Class 40 (GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL)
Specific class 03 (SPECIFIC_TYPE_SECURE_KEYPAD_DOOR_LOCK) and command classes 72,86,98 (MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, VERSION, and SECURITY).

I have attempted ZW_SendData with command class 0x62 (DOOR LOCK) with no luck, I am wondering if everything has to be done with the security command class? Or perhaps these commands only work once I have setup access keys? As you can tell I am fairly lost. Some instructions or which documentation I should look at to lock and unlock would be helpful. Thanks

Both zipgateway and Z-Ware handle Security automatically for you. You mention using ZW_SendData - which is part of the Z-Wave SDK and only supported under NDA by Sigma Designs. This forum is for the releases that were made public as part of Z-Wave Public. If you’re working with the Z-Wave SDK, the Z-Wave Technical Services site is where you should be asking your questions.